Are you ready to get serious about pursuing your goals? [Or maybe even starting to set goals?] Is it time to make the commitment to designing a life that expresses your values?
My Ideal Coaching Client
If you are:
- A lawyer (or law student)
- who has invested a lot of time and money to get where you are and would prefer NOT to leave law,
- committed to lifelong learning and personal growth,
- interested in integrating your personal values, interests, creativity, and skills into your career,
- inspired by the emergence of new models of law,
- passionate about making an impact, not only for your own clients, but making a difference in the world,
- working on your “having it all” plan and need help in distinguishing what that means for you and how to get there, and
- able to make the time and resources commitment to a six month minimum relationship,
Then I invite you to explore the possibility of working with me.
I work with cutting-edge lawyers who want to take their practices to the next level of innovation and workability. Yogi litigators, creative business lawyers, mindful lawyers who are ready to go to the next level, entrepreneurs who need a “silent partner” to be a listening ear and thinking partner, artists who wonder if art and law really have to be mutually exclusive: I want to work with you.
I have been coaching and consulting with lawyers for more than twenty years. I bring everything I have to the coaching relationship: building two successful law practices, coach training, decades of training in organizational development, transformational technology, and life experience. I honed my coach training in over 1,000 hours of work in Landmark Education and additionally trained with LifeOnPurpose Institute. I studied Infopreneuring (Information Entrepreneurship) with Robert Allen, Mark Victor Hansen, Chris and Janet Atwood, in the early 2000s.
I also introduce clients to helpful contacts within my broad international network and often tap into what I have learned from law firms around the world. (Someone said that all my contacts are “pre-screened for cool”!)
As a coach, I help clients distinguish their purpose and values, then set goals based on the client’s truest needs and desires. Through regular calls, I provide an accountability structure, a process for navigating decisions, and motivation to support progress.
Some clients have also used my coaching to address difficult clients, opposing counsel, or case strategies. In addition to the topics listed in the Catalog, these are some of the questions I have addressed with past clients:
- How can I design a law practice that fits my values?
- Where do I begin?
- How can I attract the right clients?
- What are the creative options in my practice area?
- Are any of the new integrative models a fit for me?
Stress and time management:
- I meditate and I’m still stressed! How can I thrive beyond mindfulness?
- I hate measuring my life in 6 minute increments. What are the other options and what will work best for my practice?
- I want to take my practice to the next level, what are my next steps?
- What can I do about my overflowing email box and a to-do list that stretches out the door.
- How can I make my intake and office procedures serve me, my staff, and my clients?
- How do I get it all done and still have a life?
- How do I create sustainable relationships with everyone without giving myself away?
- Are there other lawyers like me out there? Will you connect me?
Quality of Life:
- Sometimes I feel like two different people, the work person and the real person. How do I integrate those?
- How can I be happy and still be a lawyer?
- My life is pretty good, but I suspect more is possible. Can you help me take the next steps?
- How do I make big decisions in my life?
- How can I be a social change agent when I’m so busy, I don’t know where to start?
- How can I take a leadership role in my community, profession, and the integrative law movement?
- What is conscious leadership and how do I become a conscious leader?
- How do systems change? What can one person do to make a difference?
I’m often asked if I can do private versions of my workshops. For example, you may want to study Conscious Contracts, but we’re not yet offering it in your area and you can’t get away for a long trip.
There are no canned answers. You bring your ideas, energy, experience and dreams to the call. I bring my ideas, energy, experience, and inspiration to each call. Clients consistently report that their coaching relationship with me transforms them from burned out and frustrated lawyers who are disillusioned with the legal system to lawyers with thriving practices and authentic, fulfilling lives.
I can help you find courage and hope you didn’t know you had and to express it in healthy ways.
Free Introductory Consultation
I offer a 45 minute initial consultation at no fee, to explore if this is the right coaching relationship. If not, I can often recommend someone who can meet your needs. Call or email me to set up a time for a focused conversation. jkimwright (at) gmail.com.